Reyburn CyberTuner on your iPhone, iPod or iPad!
iRCT is computer software that transforms an Apple iOS hand-held computer into the most
advanced visual piano tuning device available.
The latest iRCT version has a number of recently added new features.
What's New for recent iRCT versions:
- 0. New "AI Mode"!AI mode takes 12 to 30 extra samples in CyberEar - and "tweaks" a Chameleon tuning to as close to perfection it can. Even a skilled aural tuner will be challenged to improve an AI Mode tuning.
- 1. iPad native version - the only pro tuning device with this support!
- 2. Bösendorfer 92 and 97 note pianos are now handled seamlessly by Chameleon, Tuning Graph and CyberEar. Extra notes are calculated by Chameleon, displayed by the graph and keyboard graphic in CyberEar displays the extra notes just like they appear on Böse pianos.
- 3. New Pure 12ths tuning styles zero beats octave+fifth to better integrate the harmonics of large chords spread over the entire keyboard.
- 4. Tuning records are now date stamped (viewable in landscape mode).
- 5. Smart Tune mode saves Strut Note data! Next time you use the same tuning record, the strut notes will be entered automatically.
- 6. Default Start Note feature works with Smart Tune and Pitch Raise modes.
- 7. Lowest Tenor Note can be used as Default Start Note for any tuning mode.
- 8. Expanded storage for piano serial number, and any character can be stored in this field.
- 9. New Global A4 pitch lets you set your standard pitch to A440, 441, 442 or 443. (CyberEar can still set any pitch from A400 to A450)
- 10. Chameleon Smart Partials now has two settings for low bass stretch, Low and Standard giving more versatility to the Smart Partials feature.
- 11. New interface with upgraded hi-res graphics. iOS 9 through 14 supported.
- 12. Piano Technicians Guild RPT Tuning Exam. For the first time, see final scores in 6 out of 8 sections.
- 13. Aural Tutor expert system analyzes your aural tuning and suggests intervals and check notes for improving your aural skills.
Aural Tutor is invaluable if you're studying for the RPT exam, or just trying to refresh or improve your aural skills.
Why is Reyburn CyberTuner the visual tuning device preferred by so many professional piano tuners?
- Reyburn CyberTuner for iOS (iRCT) is the only piano visual tuning device to take full advantage of an iOS device. iRCT shares the same proven accuracy and most features with RCT running on older platforms.
- iRCT accommodates all experience levels, giving beginning tuners a very simple
interface, but offers advanced tuners unlimited customizable stretch choices.
- New for iRCT! New Concert Tune mode combines the best of Fine Tune and Smart Tune but customized for 7 and 9 foot concert instruments.
- Faster and higher resolution spinner than has ever been possible with RCT before. We've taken full advantage of OpenGL and the Graphics Processing Units on iOS hardware.
- Even small pitch changes are extraordinarily accurate and fast with iRCT.
- The RCT "CyberCloud" automatically keeps iRCT calibrated to A440.0.
- iRCT creates super-accurate tunings from low bass to high treble because careful and accurate multi-
partial samples are taken from five or six notes (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and A6). All partials are
automatically measured and recorded to a hundredth of a cent!
- iRCT creates aural-quality tunings because it directly matches sampled partials - exactly what aural
tuners do every day.
- Small (and all scale-challenged) pianos never sounded better! iRCT automatically senses and
compensates for short scaling in spinets, small grands, etc.
- RCT tuning files can be imported from RCT Mac/Win or Pocket RCT via email or iTunes file share.
- Super easy Historical Temperaments includes the ability to create your own custom temperaments. 114+ temperaments are built-in, add hundreds more custom temperaments from any source.
- New! Study for the PTG RPT Exam, or brush up on your aural skills with the new Aural Tutor expert tuning system.
New for iRCT v8.1; AI Mode!
For complete instructions on how to use AI mode see:
AI Mode instructions.
AI Mode takes a Chameleon calculated tuning and adds 12 to 30 further samples in CyberEar to produce the best possible tuning for that piano that it can. The improvements are made with aural tuning principles using virtual direct interval tuning with up to 42 iterations. Imaging going through your aural temperament sequence 8 or 10 times, up 42 times!? AI mode typically does at least 1200 aural interval checks, or on some pianos up to about 6000 checks all in under one second.
Tunings produced by AI Mode will challenge even the best aural tuner to improve it further.
AI Mode is a FREE upgrade for all CyberTuner users, included in the latest iOS App Store download.
CyberTuner's new "AI Mode" in action. 12 to 30 notes in the midrange are sampled and retuned by CyberEar's new "AI".
Green Tune cents indicates the note has been improved, green and yellow dots above the keyboard shows the sample process.
Samples can be taken while tuning during or after the final pass.
After AI recalculates a tuning you have the option to view a graph of the tuning.
The black dots are the original Chameleon tuning, the green dots are the improvements.
A Yamaha GH1 is shown. If you've ever tuned this model, you *know* that the notes above the break
need a LOT or aural touch up, they need to be sharper as the AI resulting tuning shows.
- Simple to use! Tap the Record button, and Chameleon indicates the note to play, then automatically measures and
- New "Smart Partials" feature chooses the right partial for every piano! "Smart Partials" automatically chooses the optimal partial for each
piano based on octave type feathering, partial loudness, inharmonicity and piano size among other factors.
User can turn off Smart Partials feature in the rare case where the user needs more control.
- It's easy to choose from ten stretch styles, from pure to very wide or RPT Exam style to emulate a PTG exam
- Want even simpler? RCT can automatically choose optimal stretch and partials.
- Tap the Calculate button, and Chameleon creates an 88-note tuning in less than a second by directly matching
partials - just like aural tuners do every day!
- Auto-compensates for spinets and other "scale-challenged" pianos.
- RCT is the only tuning device which can automatically adjust the overall stretch of the tuning to be opitmal for each piano.
CyberEar & Tuning Graph
- Spinner rotates to indicate pitch deviation in cents or beats (you choose!), moves to left or right to
intuitively show large pitch deviation, target blushing if within 0.3 cents or beats for super fine accuracy,
adjustable sensitivity, change spinner colors, and more.
- Portrait or Landscape and auto rotation to any of the four positions fully supported.
- Unsurpassed fast and accurate one-pass pitch raising because CyberEar automatically measures and offsets
every note using optimized overpull percentages ranging from 4% to 38%.
- Automatic hands-free both-ways chromatic note switching. Works on all partials, even up to partial 16 in bass.
- Tune and Offset cents readings, piano and customer name, unlimited pitch settings, tuning partial and number
displayed, accuracy, resolution and repeatability to 0.01 cents.
- Simple to reset pitch; current setting always displayed.
- CyberEar switches to full-screen mode with 88 note keyboard display.
- Tuning Graph shows cents and partials for all 88 notes The shape of this graph can indicate the quality of the samples
New! Custom Equalizer
- Custome EQ lets you adjust the stretch for each octave individually using a simple graphic equalizer interface.
- CEQ uses aural terms and settings to give your ears exactly what they expect.
- CEQ lets you make micro adjustments any Octave Tuning Style (OTS) including Pure 12ths!
Piano Technicians Guild RPT Exam Scoring
- Piano Technicians Guild RPT Tuning Exam. For the first time, see final scores in 6 out of 8 sections.
- iRCT shows a Points chart and final scores, the easiest and most complete RPT Exam scoring system ever for RCT.
- Exam scoring is tightly integrated with the new Aural Tutor expert system (see below).
- Aural Tutor (AT) expert system analyzes your aural tuning and suggests intervals and check notes for improving your aural skills.
- AT is invaluable if you're studying for the RPT exam, or just trying to refresh or improve your aural skills.
- AT shows you the three intervals, in order of preference for each note which show that note is out of tune.
- Pianalyzer is a specialized spectrum analyzer designed specifically for pianos.
- Perfect for visually showing customers what their instrument needs (tuning or voicing).
- Great for troubleshooting tuning problems, and for piano tone/string comparisons.
- New for iRCT! Pianalyzer saves all 88 notes' data.
File sharing using iTunes
- iRCT imports and exports easily to almost any older RCT version and platform.
- Import/export feature uses the standard iTunes file sharing interface.
- iRCT also emails and receives tuning files (to yourself for backup or another iRCT user) using Apple Mail.
iRCT includes one free year of CyberCare subscription. CyberCare enables premium mode (ability to tune all 88 notes), CyberCloud A440 auto-calibration, and covers all new upgrades and support
during the subscription period.
After one year the subscription cost is $84.99 USD per year (price is similar but varies in other currencies), discount available for multiple year purchase, FREE CyberCare subscriptions are avialable if you refer a colleague or help us improve iRCT, see the CyberCare page
for details. If your CyberCare Subscription lapses, iRCT
will continue to function in original Standard mode (ability to tune a 13 note temperament from A3 to A4) .
Why CyberCare? In the past on older platforms we released major new versions every year or two with typical upgrade costs of 10% to 25% of the orginal software license cost.
CyberCare takes the place of these upgrade costs and makes sure your license is always up-to-date, and runs on the latest Apple iOS and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
In past or with other software, when users had to purchase new hardware, an expensive upgrade would often be needed at the same time as hardware purchase; the timing couldn't be worse. With CyberCare our
users will never have to pay extra for software upgrades.
Our company plans to continue offering the best software tuning device and best support in the professional piano tuning software business for many years to come, CyberCare insures that we'll be there, providing support and upgrades and protecting your pro tuning software investment.
Put another way, when's the last time you purchased some software, computer or other hardware with significant technology, simply to have that investment degraded or made obsolete a month, a year or two years later? CyberCare makes sure that can't happen by protecting your investment. CyberCare is our solution to "future-proof" CyberTuner, making sure you always have the latest RCT technology and software compatibilty.
Support: We have support teams based in the USA, Japan and Europe who speak the local language and are all working piano tuners using iRCT professionally to tune pianos.
CyberCare supports our team of profressional piano technicians, all of whom are PTG/RPT certified or equivalent.
CyberTuner for iOS is the only pro piano tuning device which is built for Apple's iOS 10~15, takes full advantage of the
iPhone 5, 6 , 7 and 8, Plus size larger iPhone screens, iPhone X, 64 bit cpu, OpenGL and GPU hardware. We promptly keep iRCT up-to-date for our users
to run on the latest Apple iOS hardware and operating systems. CyberCare funds this development!
CyberCare can be purchased "in-app" for your convenience, or you can purchase muliple years at a discount online on the CyberCare page.
CyberTuner users can earn FREE CyberCare by referring a colleague, reporting bugs, suggesting changes etc... See the CyberCare page for details.
System requirements for iRCT
Apple iOS 10.0 or later device. Optimized and tested on iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, plus and iOS 10~15. iPhone 5, iPod touch 6 or later.
16gb recommended. Occasional mobile phone or wifi connection to the internet required to calibrate A440 and confirm CyberCare subscription. iRCT is now a NATIVE iPad app!
Availability and Installation
iRCT is now available from from Apple's iOS App Store. Purchase iRCT using your iOS device or on any computer with iTunes installed. iRCT can be moved quickly and
easily moved from one compatible iOS device to another, calibrating and restoring in one or two minutes. A CyberTuner license is available for purchase, download and support, except for those countries on whose App Store it is not listed.
Each iRCT copy is a single user license for one piano tuner's use, although it may be installed on up to 5 iOS devices at a time as a backup. See the End User License Agreement for complete details.
Q: Which should I choose, iPhone, iPod or iPad?
A: If you're unsure, we recommend the latest iPod Touch, or iPad mini. These models haves a low initial cost and no phone
contract. If you don't have occasional access to wifi, an iPhone or iPad with mobile phone connection may be the best choice.
If you later decide on an iPhone or full-size iPad, your iPod or iPad mini is a great backup device! However, if you need a new smart phone, we can recommend the iPhone 6/7/8 as a great choice. iRCT is fully integrated into iOS. You can take a phone call or text while tuning with no problem.
Q: How to I obtain support for iRCT?
A: Although you download an iRCT copy from Apple, support is provided by Reyburn Piano Service, Inc and associates, similar to previous RCT software.
Support for iRCT is provided in Dutch, English, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Norwegian/Swedish and Spanish by our network of RCT specialists. All iRCT support is provided by PTG-RPT qualified professional piano technicians who are also iRCT users. Link to the iRCT support page below.
iRCT Support page.
Q: How do I purchase and install iRCT?
For complete step-by-step written instructions see: iRCT Easy Install page.
For easy step-by-step iRCT installation see our six minute YouTube video:
YouTube Video: Installing iRCT from the App Store
Reyburn CyberTuner for Apple iOS (iRCT) Terms and Conditions
CyberTuner for Apple iOS (iRCT) is sold by Apple through iTunes and the App Store and is subject to iTunes Store Terms and Conditions.
All items purchased direct from RPS, Inc. have a 30 day money back guarantee to those in the piano tuning trade.
Fine Print: iRCT is software, iOS hardware not included. Specifications and features subject to change without notice.
iRCT includes a FREE one year CyberCare Subscription. After that a yearly $84.99 CyberCare subscription service (price varies in other currencies)
covers all updates and new features, CyberCloud automatic A440 calibration, ability to tune all 88 notes, and toll-free (USA/Canada) phone and internet software support.
Top of page